1993-04-18 - CLIP: Media Blitz

Header Data

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4a1dc8eea9d676f3c3e4ae25f4739b51a1f66b8a85c2d25901cf02deb357b460
Message ID: <23041800363830@vms2.macc.wisc.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Apr 93 22:37:03 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 93 22:37:03 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CLIP: Media Blitz

Cypherpunks,

  I know Ive got a huge list of fax/phone numbers and addresses of all
of the MAJOR media sources in this country.  Im going to find it now.
The idea is a major blitz on the media's editorial boards from plain
old outraged readers (OK cypherpunks aren't plain or old), the media
shows like Larry King, et al would love a point counterpoint on this
topic and this could create a cypher phenomenon from the roots up.

  If this sounds like a good idea to others out there let me know.  I
believe that a groundswell (or apparent one) will catch the eye of those
in Congress and in WAShington much more than will petitions or letters
from an ambiguous and generally anonymous email list (although everyones
thoughts are in the right place).  People in Washington react to what
appears to be public sentiment.  So lets create it :-)

  Ill post the media list unless many people would rather me not do so.

Matt

Thread