1993-04-30 - Re: Tough Choices: PGP vs. RSA Data Security

Header Data

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7636dcb3c733baa7d5aee476d05d391d6da33aacdf0954a476bc6caeed78575e
Message ID: <9304301505.AA07803@nexsys.nexsys.net>
Raw Date: Fri, 30 Apr 93 08:14:05 PDT

Raw message

From: geoffw@nexsys.net (Geoff White)
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 93 08:14:05 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Tough Choices: PGP vs. RSA Data Security

	Maybe this is a solution...

	A core group of us coders take on the task of merging PGP
	functionality into MailSafe, we do the work for nominal cost
	or for free, this new version of MailSafe can become REALLY
	slick and worth paying the $125 or what-ever he is charging
	for it, AND it will be PGP compatable.  We them retrofit
	PGP to use RSA's RSAREF or whatever else it takes to bring
	PGP into complience and PGP stays FREE, and unsupported, we
	suspend further development and make it sort of like a demo
	program or freeware, but if you want the really seemless UI
	you buy the product, Bidzos gets money, we get to deploy a
	program that educates the masses about the use of strong
	crypto, and since they are compatible, the use of the freeware
	can't help but encourage the use of the "product".  The bottom
	line is that strong crypto is made available to the public,
	This solution might require that a few egos deflate a bit but
	I'm sure a varient of this could work.

Thread