1993-04-22 - Status of Voice Encryption with PC/Mac?

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 99da927bd4fcbefecc9be488322839a26c0ff66d16bcf1a6d00acb48205c4f77
Message ID: <9304221635.AA28138@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9304182217.AA114200@acs.bu.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-04-22 16:38:52 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 09:38:52 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 09:38:52 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Status of Voice Encryption with PC/Mac?

>I keep hearing about voice scrambling technology in conjunction
>with high speed modems and soundblaster cards....

Paul Rubin is going to demonstrate some of the voice coders he's been
working on at the meeting Saturday, hardware willing.

As far as soundblaster cards, I would recommend instead something like
a bigmouth board, which already has the phone line access and handset
on it.

Secure phones will be a large topic Saturday, since that's where the
first deployment of the wiretap chip will be.

Eric

Thread