1993-04-24 - Re: CLIPPER: Explanation sheet?

Header Data

From: Valerie Lambert <valerie@valis.biocad.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a05949e94a4aab00d1a2a9b6ebebab7959f779efb0141ba87ff8ecb47ba118f6
Message ID: <9304232306.AA27182@valis.biocad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 17:30:39 PDT

Raw message

From: Valerie Lambert <valerie@valis.biocad.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 93 17:30:39 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: CLIPPER: Explanation sheet?

In article <Qfpqi9K00WBK8_O4gs@andrew.cmu.edu>, David Reeve Sward
<sward+@cmu.edu> writes:
>I (along with others) have some sort of phrase in our .signature saying
>"Stop the Clipper Chip" or somesuch.  Since adding this, I have had
>several people ask me about this, and I have fired off an explanation to
>them.  I am wondering if there is a Wiretap Chip Explanation Sheet to
>send to people instead of trying to make sure I remember everything (and
>without double-checking everything I say).  Has anyone written such a
>beast?

I have compiled a "layperson's" Clipper-shit I mean sheet containing a very
short intro, announcements from the White House, AT&T, the EFF, the CPSR,
and various news articles.  David, I will mail you a copy.  If anyone
else wants one, let me know.

--
Valerie Lambert * valerie@biocad.com * 415/903-3923 * AT&T: phones with Big
Brother Built Inside!  Just say "NO" to the Clipper wiretap chip.

Thread