1993-04-18 - It is two 80-bit “halfs”

Header Data

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a5fc5f4ca3df80dcaea3037d7ebe5a76a4b2df0458fdc78b32f0eee414545f06
Message ID: <199304181322.AA29623@sun.Panix.Com>
Raw Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 06:24:16 PDT

Raw message

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 93 06:24:16 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: It is two 80-bit "halfs"

From Mail sent via the Clipper Mailing list, forwarded
to me:

> In a conversation with NSA today, I was told that two random 80-bit
> numbers will be XORed to produce the 80-bit key and the two individual
> numbers kept by two separate escrow authorities -- who they are is to
> be decided. So your suggestion is, in fact, how it will be handled.

> martin hellman

/HARRY

--
Harry Shapiro  				      habs@panix.com
Private Communication for the Extropian Community since 1991

Thread