1993-04-22 - ANON SITES:

Header Data

From: “$HOME/.sig” <root@pleiku.netcom.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a7909b8edee9995f3eaed6e080b5a37d3ee2b0a6e4ecb2c30b20239b81f46cdd
Message ID: <9304221829.AA05811@netcomsv.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 11:29:32 PDT

Raw message

From: "$HOME/.sig" <root@pleiku.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 11:29:32 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ANON SITES:

The present plan prosed by John Gilmore is good 3-4 U.S. Sites willing
to risk litigation and counter-litigation. And I have a another sort of plan
that still really requires an out of country A-server(anonymous posting server).
A number of PGP-related services may be set up behind such a screen.
Having PGP encryption in the style of PAX would be crucial to maintain
the anonymity of such services.

#1. Michael Grafs PGP Key-Server

#2. Anonymous Digital "face" banks(ala Chaum)

#3. Gray Market Exchange

#4. Encrypted Anonymous Mailing Lists(Example: Dark Technology)

#5. Data Havens.

#6. alt.whistleblowers(really "hearing aid" see Brunner, J. "Shockwave Rider"

A vast network of anonymous servers may be maintained behind the screen
of a single foreign site A-server ready to come on line at a single command
if suppression attempts are experienced.

However AARM type scripts will continue to be a threat,I
also think we should look at the possibility of both
port 25 and port 119 manipulation with auto-search and random selection
of NNTP and SMTP open servers as well as header addition to confuse
path analysis... I know this is normally regarded as unprofitable but
considering what we are up against...

Addition dialup slip and ppp hosts could use a variety of 9.6-56kb
dialup sites to provide rotating xntp synchronized anonymous
posting and mail services.Uucp sites could play as
well on email-based services via uucp.
Are any foreign sites up for running David Clunies PAX Code???

    cheers
    kelly
- --

To add the following key block to your PGP2.0
Public Key Ring save this entire message to a file and enter the
following command:

pgp -ka [name_of_file_saved]

The above key block is included on every message I send from
pleiku!kelly@netcom.com....

------- End of Unsent Draft

Thread