1993-04-18 - Re: 1st Amendment Clipped?

Header Data

From: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: bc69aabbedf162d1d3806895a24df07bff673091f065453b7f451ad11527c475
Message ID: <9304180623.AA28101@servo>
Raw Date: Sat, 17 Apr 93 23:23:43 PDT

Raw message

From: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 93 23:23:43 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re:  1st Amendment Clipped?

>I then transmit the following and am arrested --

>-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
[cipher text deleted]

>Won't the prosecution be embarrassed when I decrypt it in court and present
>the plaintext:

>      1st Amendment
>      Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of
	[remaining text deleted]

No, they won't. Possession of such an OBVIOUSLY subversive document
will prove conclusively that you're a dangerous enemy of the state,
and must be severely dealt with.

You'll be lucky to have a swift and painless execution.

Thought for the day:

"All I want is peace on earth, good will toward men."
"We're the United States Government. We don't do that sort of thing!"
		--Sneakers (great flick, just saw it. Seemed appropriate.)

Phil

Thread