1993-04-27 - Markey hearings on Thursday will be on the Internet MBone

Header Data

From: strat@intercon.com (Bob Stratton)
To: gnu@toad.com
Message Hash: c66fa2c2780be44e0ff08e5d37563a5987e636c9b2d3c80ce13cbb527950ed88
Message ID: <9304270547.AA10528@intercon.com>
Reply To: <9304270524.AA00805@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-04-27 05:47:14 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 22:47:14 PDT

Raw message

From: strat@intercon.com (Bob Stratton)
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 93 22:47:14 PDT
To: gnu@toad.com
Subject: Markey hearings on Thursday will be on the Internet MBone

	John> John Gage tells me that audio from the Congressional
	John> hearings on telephone privacy and Clipper will be
	John> multicast on the Internet `MBone' (multicast backbone).
	John> We don't yet know the multicast address.

Hrm..That's interesting. If you're on the MBONE, the Session Directory
tool should show you upcoming events, and let you select them. It also
fires off the appropriate client software with the proper arguments,
which is the Right Thing.

	John> If someone who knows about the mbone could hook in and
	John> record a copy of the hearings (as an online sound file,
	John> or on tape), that would be great.  I'll be at a
	John> conference on Thursday.

have yet to see an announcement. If I can find it, I'll tape it.

John, have your friend drop me a note with any details he might have,
because the regular channels haven't had any information on this. Any
pointers might help me track it down.

--Strat

Thread