1993-04-22 - A Volunteer in a Suit Has Appeared!

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d25748efaee5d5da95b80e198f93939b5ae7109a8ca08d64dcb87daf10618ca7
Message ID: <9304220831.AA26386@netcom.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 01:31:16 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 01:31:16 PDT
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: A Volunteer in a Suit Has Appeared!

I am pleased to announce that the Search Committee has found an Executive
Director for the newly renamed "Privacy Institute." He will serve as both
manager and as external spokesman for the Institute.

We searched for a respectable person, preferably middle-aged, who knew how
to communicate with bureaucrats and was prepared to relocate to the
Washington, D.C. area to act as our official lobbyist (the matter of his
compensation will be dealt with in a later memo, one which also explains
our dues structure. membership grades, and official bylaws).

Our candidate is an active poster in sci.crypt, is well-known to the Net,
and yet has strong connections with the Washington bureaucracy.

We feel he will do much to project a more proper, even anal, image of our
group. We hope his appointment as Executive Director, The Privacy
Institute, will go a long way toward improving the image we developed
during our first phase of existence when we were known by the c-word name.

Our new Director intends to immediately correct many of the wrongs he sees.

Without further ado, here is his name:

David Sternlight

I hope you'll all join me in welcoming Sternie, or Sterno, as his friends
call him, to the Privacy Institute.

-Tim May, Recording Secretary, The Privacy Institute ("Don't call us
Cypherpunks!")

(The preceeding spoof was brought to you as a public service.)

Thread