1993-04-22 - Info on Mykotronx

Header Data

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
To: extropians@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Harry Shapiro)
Message Hash: d7551f09e501629d506505e39fe6da90699c98cefa56a7731e9e3636b14319f7
Message ID: <199304221905.AA25268@sun.Panix.Com>
Raw Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 12:05:35 PDT

Raw message

From: Harry Shapiro <habs@Panix.Com>
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 93 12:05:35 PDT
To: extropians@gnu.ai.mit.edu (Harry Shapiro)
Subject: Info on Mykotronx

Please forward this message far and wide. - Harry

I am looking for Info on Mykotronx the company that designed
the WireTap chip for the NSA/NIST/FBI.

They are said to be a contractor to NSA. Thus we can assume
that most if not all of what they do is "hidden from view."

I was shocked when I did a database search using the name Mykotronx
and Mycotronx (both spellings have been used), in publications that
report on these areas: trade, technical, business and financial
markets. I also searched press wires and some newspapers.

Prior to April 16/17 I have found NO References to this company.

Clearly this company takes it security seriously; but such a
lack of coverage seems strange.

It leads me to wonder if they really existed much prior to April 16/17 -
they could be a division of the NSA, for example.

Of course the data bases I searched don't have everything in them
and they could have been scrubbed...

Can anyone find references to this company prior to April 16 1993?

Can anyone provide alternative spellings for their name?

Thanks,

/harry

--
Harry Shapiro 				 habs@panix.com List
Communication for the Extropian Community since 1991

Thread