1993-04-01 - REMAIL: Usage statistics

Header Data

From: Hal <74076.1041@CompuServe.COM>
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Message Hash: f114a7cd9bda0018cb2bded94350a25355d90476c922e37c86b8e7a43c43f6bf
Message ID: <93040123594174076.1041_FHD46-1@CompuServe.COM>
Reply To: _N/A

UTC Datetime: 1993-04-01 21:20:30 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 1 Apr 93 13:20:30 PST

Raw message

From: Hal <74076.1041@CompuServe.COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Apr 93 13:20:30 PST
To: <cypherpunks@toad.com>
Subject: REMAIL: Usage statistics

About a month ago, I added a simple logging capability to my remailer, by
adding these lines to my maildelivery file:

Request-Remailing-To    ""      pipe R  "date >> LOG.REMAIL"
Anon-To                 ""      pipe R  "date >> LOG.REMAIL"
Encrypted               PGP     pipe R  "date >> LOG.ENCRYPTED"

Here is a summary of the information from my LOG.REMAIL file.  It shows
the dates on which a remailed message went through my remailer, with a count
of how many messages went through on that day:

   1 Tue Mar 2
   2 Wed Mar 3
   1 Thu Mar 4
   7 Fri Mar 5
   1 Wed Mar 10
   1 Sun Mar 14
   1 Mon Mar 15
   1 Tue Mar 16
   1 Wed Mar 17
   1 Thu Mar 18
   1 Sun Mar 21
   2 Mon Mar 22
  10 Tue Mar 23
  10 Wed Mar 24
   6 Thu Mar 25
   7 Fri Mar 26
   6 Sat Mar 27
   4 Sun Mar 28
   1 Mon Mar 29
   3 Wed Mar 31
   4 Thu Apr 1

These statistics may be useful in considering such approaches as batching
or rearranging messages to achieve greater anonymity.

Hal
74076.1041@compuserve.com

Thread