1993-05-21 - looking for distributed systems/crypto textbook.

Header Data

From: sommerfeld@apollo.hp.com
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 046abc3c4e3bdb3e220415d203418228b4e12663edeb2e2b1a14a24d6ead49c8
Message ID: <9305212016.AA25837@toad.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 21 May 93 13:16:34 PDT

Raw message

From: sommerfeld@apollo.hp.com
Date: Fri, 21 May 93 13:16:34 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: looking for distributed systems/crypto textbook.

At work, we're thinking of organizing an internal self-study seminar
on areas related to distributed systems security.

I know of Denning's textbook in the area, but would prefer not to use
it for what should be obvious reasons.

I also know of and have read the "Contemporary Cryptography" book by
Simmons, but it seems to be a little too heavily oriented towards
crypto/math as opposed to applications.

Undoubtedly many of you would have opinions in this area; let me know
what they are and I'll summarize to the list.

					- Bill

Thread