1993-05-04 - checks

Header Data

From: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 079f0fe5171cb80de94c38231469be2a82816744363a187068cb7479fbc8acb7
Message ID: <9305041725.AA34057@horton.intercon.com>
Raw Date: Tue, 4 May 93 14:25:42 PDT

Raw message

From: Bob Stratton <strat@intercon.com>
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 14:25:42 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: checks

> Date: Mon, 3 May 93 08:44:37 -0700
> From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
> Choices: PGP vs. RSA Data Security
>
> >re paying a reasonable license fee, I wonder if RSA would cash my
> >check for (say) $10 if I wrote on the check that it was for a license
> >for whatever they might claim on PGP.
>
> RSA might try to cash such a check, but if their bank is smart they won'
> t accept it.  A check is not negotiable if it contains a
> condition.

Much as I respect you Eric, I direct your attention to the myriad of "checks"
being sent out by AT&T and MCI, to name a few offenders. These bear the
legend: "endorsement of this check constitutes your acceptance of <foo> as
your long distance carrier."

Weasels.

--Strat

Thread