1993-05-26 - Selling Tapes ?

Header Data

From: “John (FuzzFace/Fast-Eddie) McMahon” <MCMAHON@Eisner.DECUS.Org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 0e763a22c35a5c08ab828cda4ec70bb589da57bb07263715acd247597015e9a5
Message ID: <01GYMU6G53OY003ADN@Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Raw Date: Wed, 26 May 93 11:22:35 PDT

Raw message

From: "John (FuzzFace/Fast-Eddie) McMahon" <MCMAHON@Eisner.DECUS.Org>
Date: Wed, 26 May 93 11:22:35 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Selling Tapes ?

> Rick Adams of UUNET confirmed on the com-priv list that his
> organization had been selling the FBI a usenet feed on tape.  I could
> find the exact reference if you want.  I don't know for sure that the
> NSA has a feed, or from whom, but it wouldn't surprise me.

Seems like the low tech way of doing it.

Both organizations have machines on the Internet right now.  FBI is hooked in
via ALTERNet, and the NSA (NCSC) is on the MILnet.

% traceroute ard.fbi.gov
% traceroute tycho.ncsc.mil
(and see what happens)

Cheers!