1993-05-22 - Lets see that again…

Header Data

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 594c675bad013c669321ce7e9cc45f7dc83ac5597f00ce3f045e2f8e09266479
Message ID: <9305220802.AA17065@triton.unm.edu>
Raw Date: Sat, 22 May 93 01:03:06 PDT

Raw message

From: J. Michael Diehl <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Date: Sat, 22 May 93 01:03:06 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Lets see that again...

Well, what can I say about that last message.  That is a rather bothersome
but in my automatic mail system that I've not been able to track down.  In fact,
I can't even duplicate it.  For the record, my system send 2 other messages
before this one, and they were fine.  Oh well.  Anyway, here is the full
message.

I have included, below, a copy of my pgp menu system.  It is a 4dos batch file.
With this program, you can encrypt, sign and decrypt a message, and generate,
delete, extract keys, wipe files.  I've been trying to iron out some of the
bugs for about a month now.  (BTW where did all my alpha testers go?)  I think
it's pretty stable now, so I'm posting it.  To be able to use the program, you
MUST BE USING 4DOS as your command interpreter on your PC.  But, I've found that
this little requirement is well worth the utility that (I hope) my program
provides.

4dos is a command.com replacement that features disk swapping, aliases, file-
name completion, and an extended batch language.  You can get it via anon ftp
at wuarchive.wustl.edu in the /mirrors/msdos/4dos directory.  It's very much
worth the effort to investigate.  For those of you who do make this effort, I
hope you enjoy using my menu syste.  I hope to hear from you soon.  Thanx.

Well, here it is:

rem
@echo off
setlocal
break on

:main
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 4 29 16 49 2 red on black
scrput 1 27 blue on black Mike's PGP shell ver. 0.0.
scrput 3 35 blue on black MAIN MENU

scrput  5 32 red on black Encrypt a file.
scrput  7 32 red on black Decrypt a file.
scrput 09 32 red on black siGn a file.
scrput 11 32 red on black Wipe file.
scrput 13 32 red on black Next menu.
scrput 15 32 red on black Quit.

scrput 18 5 white on black Select an option by typing the corisponding capitalized letter.
scrput 19 5 white on black For example, to encrypt a file, you would press the E key.

inkey /K"EeDdGgWwNnQq" %%in
goto menu1-%in

:menu1-q
screen 17 26
pause
cls
endlocal
quit

:menu1-e
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of a file to be
scrput 19 5 white on black encrypted.  Then you will be asked for the names of
scrput 20 5 white on black the people who should be able to read the file.
scrput 21 5 white on black Enter them all on the line separated by a space.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the file to encrypt.
screen 7 52
input %%file

if exist %file goto menu1-e-good
scrput 15 10 red on black That file is not in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto menu1-e

:menu1-e-good

drawbox 10 3 12 74 2 red on black
scrput 11 5 red on black Enter the name(s) of the recipients.
screen 11 52
input %%in

cls
rem I never claimed that this would be elegent....

drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
scrput 18 5 white on black Here you are asked if you want to mark this message "For Your Eyes Only,"
scrput 19 5 white on black and if you want to sign the message.  If you reply 'y' to the first
scrput 20 5 white on black question, the recipient will only be ablt to display the message. He
scrput 21 5 white on black won't be to save it.  If you reply 'y' to the second question, the
scrput 22 5 white on black recipient will know for certain that the message is from you.

drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black
scrput 7 5 red on black Would you like to mark this "For Your Eyes Only?"
inkey /K"ynN" %%f
drawbox 10 3 12 74 2 red on black
scrput 11 5 red on black Would you like to sign this message?
inkey /K"ynN" %%s

if "%f" == "y" goto f
if "%s" == "y" goto s
cls
pgp -e %file %in
goto encrypted
:f
if "%s" == "y" goto sf
cls
pgp -me %file %in
goto encrypted
:sf
cls
pgp -mes %file %in
goto encrypted
:s
cls
pgp -es %file %in

:encrypted
echo %@name[%file].asc is the name of the encrypted file.
pause
goto main

:menu1-d
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of a file to be
scrput 19 5 white on black read.  Then you will be asked if you want to save the
scrput 20 5 white on black plaintext file.  If you do, you will be asked for a
scrput 21 5 white on black new filename.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the file to read.
screen 7 52
input %%file

if exist %file goto menu1-d-good
scrput 15 10 red on black That file is not in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto main

:menu1-d-good
cls
pgp -m %file
goto main

:menu1-g
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of a file to be
scrput 19 5 white on black signed.  If you sign a message, it can be proved that
scrput 20 5 white on black it came from you.  There is no "Plausible Deniability."

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the file to signed.
screen 7 52
input %%file

if exist %file goto menu1-g-good
scrput 15 10 red on black That file is not in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto main

:menu1-g-good
cls
pgp -s %file
echo %@name[%file].asc is the name of the signed file.
pause
goto main

:menu1-w
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of a file to be
scrput 19 5 white on black wiped. Remember, after a file is wiped...
scrput 20 5 blink white on black There is no way to retrieve the file!

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the file to wiped.
screen 7 52
input %%file

if exist %file goto menu1-w-good
scrput 15 10 red on black That file is not in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto main

:menu1-w-good

cls
pgp -w %file
goto main

:menu1-n
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 4 29 16 49 2 red on black
scrput 1 27 blue on black Mike's PGP shell ver. 0.0.
scrput 3 35 blue on black SECOND MENU

scrput  5 32 red on black Add a key.
scrput  7 32 red on black Extract a key.
scrput 09 32 red on black View a key.
scrput 11 32 red on black Fingerprint.
scrput 13 32 red on black Next menu.
scrput 15 32 red on black Quit.

scrput 18 5 white on black Select an option by typing the corisponding capitalized letter.
scrput 19 5 white on black For example, to add a key to your ring, you would press the A key.

inkey /K"AaEeVvFfNnQq" %%in
goto menu2-%in

:menu2-q
goto menu1-q

:menu2-a
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of a file that
scrput 19 5 white on black contains the keys to be added to your public key ring.
scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the file to read.
screen 7 52
input %%file

if exist %file goto menu2-a-good
scrput 15 10 red on black That file is not in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto main

:menu2-a-good

cls
pgp -ka %file
pause
goto main

:menu2-e
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the key ID to be extracted.
scrput 19 5 white on black Then you will be asked for the names of the file to
scrput 20 5 white on black put the key in.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the key ID to extract.
screen 7 52
input %%in

drawbox 10 3 12 74 2 red on black
scrput 11 5 red on black Enter the name of the file that is to hold the key.
screen 11 59
input %%file

if not exist %file goto menu2-e-good
scrput 10 10 red on black That file already exists in the current directory!
screen 16 10
pause
goto main

:menu2-e-good

cls
pgp -kx %in %file
echo %@name[%file].asc contains the key for %in.
pause
goto main

:menu2-v
cls
pgp -kv
pause
goto main

:menu2-f
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of the person who's key fingerprint you
scrput 19 5 white on black want to examine.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the person.
screen 7 52
input %%in

cls
pgp -kvc %in
echo Remember to write this information down!
pause
goto main

:menu2-n
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 4 29 16 49 2 red on black
scrput 1 27 blue on black Mike's PGP shell ver. 0.0.
scrput 3 35 blue on black THIRD MENU

scrput  5 32 red on black Generate a key.
scrput  7 32 red on black Remove a key.
scrput 09 32 red on black Disable a key.
scrput 13 32 red on black Next menu.
scrput 15 32 red on black Quit.

scrput 18 5 white on black Select an option by typing the corisponding capitalized letter.
scrput 19 5 white on black For example, to generate a new key, you would press the G key.

inkey /K"GgRrDdNnQq" %%in
goto menu3-%in

:menu3-g
cls
pgp -kg
pause
goto main

:menu3-r
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of the key to be
scrput 19 5 white on black removed.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the key to remove.
screen 7 52
input %%in

cls
pgp -kr %in
pause
goto main

:menu3-q
goto menu1-q

:menu3-d
cls
drawbox 0 0 23 78 2 red on black
drawhline 17 0 79 1 red on black
drawbox 6 3 8 74 2 red on black

scrput 18 5 white on black Here you will be asked for the name of the key to be
scrput 19 5 white on black either disabled or re-enabled.

scrput 7 5 red on black Enter the name of the key.
screen 7 52
input %%in

cls
pgp -kd %in