1993-05-26 - AT&T

Header Data

From: meyer <wixer!wixer.bga.com!meyer@cactus.org>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 5f2fded4d6198fd27521f5908de7cba269896e5606360b78f90b5ee450e16818
Message ID: <9305260406.AA02988@wixer>
Raw Date: Tue, 25 May 93 21:14:20 PDT

Raw message

From: meyer <wixer!wixer.bga.com!meyer@cactus.org>
Date: Tue, 25 May 93 21:14:20 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: AT&T

I recently switched my long distance carrier from AT&T to another,
since they bribed me to do so with an offer of $35.

Tonight a lady from AT&T called to ask why I switched.  "They bribed
me," I said.  I said that I also had a problem with AT&T's support
of the Clipper (or Wiretap) Chip.  She had never heard of this, but
I said to write this down on her report so that some higher-up in
AT&T would get the message.

She then offered to pay me $50 to switch back to AT&T.  I thought,
if I keep switching, and they keep upping the amount, eventually I
can pay my rent this way.  But no.  I said: As long as AT&T supports
the Clipper Chip I'll never return to AT&T!  Ah, the pleasure of
occupying the moral high ground.  (Now, if they'd offered $500 ...)

Thread