1993-05-12 - BYTE article

Header Data

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 6ac1e30699e34e4277e348f58c06e5504f009ae94aec9b28cb1ecf44323569c7
Message ID: <23051120482662@vms2.macc.wisc.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 11 May 93 18:49:22 PDT

Raw message

From: Matthew J Miszewski <MJMISKI@macc.wisc.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 May 93 18:49:22 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: BYTE article

Shheeesh.  I wasnt even implying the article was bad. To the contrary it was
one of the best mainstream articles I have ever seen on the subject. That is
why I posted the note to the list.  I thought some list members could
find the explanations useful.

The refinement I was refering to was the authors implied acceptance of Micali's
"fair crypto system" as a "solution".  I could be wrong, and Im sure I will be
corrected if i am, but my feelings were that this system still depended on
the trustworthiness of the branches to which the "pieces" of your key would
be distributed.  If these were all TLAs, we still have a Denning problem, no?

I thought I made it clear in the last post that i thought that the article was
very good. If not I am sorry.  And if your listening Peter, Great Article!

Matt (Respectfully Questioning in part)
mjmiski@macc.wisc.edu

Thread