1993-05-18 - Re: a valuable spy…

Header Data

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@GZA.COM>
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Message Hash: a5832db0386bc02087d40ef0cacb1d44c04aee1e1cd0a6ed5918ffcbd4026330
Message ID: <9305181711.AA01156@dun-dun-noodles.aktis.com>
Reply To: <9305180711.AA03652@servo>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-18 17:12:07 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 18 May 93 10:12:07 PDT

Raw message

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@GZA.COM>
Date: Tue, 18 May 93 10:12:07 PDT
To: karn@qualcomm.com (Phil Karn)
Subject: Re: a valuable spy...

>> The note from Watson could well be a decoy to draw the NSA off the track
>> of the *real* spy... :-)

Or, it could be from the NSA, trying to collect names and numbers of
people who are interested in insider information on Mykotronx.  :-(

		Marc

P.S.  We could probably escalate paranoia indefinitely here....

P.P.S.  Because they are attractive targets, it is illegal to disclose
the identities and home addresses of intelligence agents, which is
what "Mr. Watson" did.  It is not illegal to possess this information,
however.  (This is what I am told by an ex-NSA employee.)

Thread