1993-05-07 - cheap secure telnet?

Header Data

From: david@staff.udc.upenn.edu (R. David Murray)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b60f7a4c197021a93538d0ace4dfa6a4b45c4c5e6440317b5e9ac4375ad94be7
Message ID: <9305071804.AA19192@staff.udc.upenn.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 7 May 93 11:05:39 PDT

Raw message

From: david@staff.udc.upenn.edu (R. David Murray)
Date: Fri, 7 May 93 11:05:39 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: cheap secure telnet?

I have a need to have a secure telnet connection.  It has to be cheap
(on the order of hundreds of dollars, not thousands),
but it doesn't have to be free.  It also has to be low cost in
terms of setup; that is, I don't want to set up a full blown
Kerberos system just to get a single secure telnet link.  The link is to
be between two unix systems.  I have root and physical access to both systems.
Anyone know of such a beast?

On second thought, if you have leads on stuff in the thousands of
dollars range, send me them too.  This /could/ turn out to be that
important.
--
david			david@staff.udc.upenn.edu

Thread