1993-05-28 - Steganography

Header Data

From: TO1SITTLER@APSICC.APS.EDU (Kragen Sittler)
To: cypherpunks-real@toad.com
Message Hash: ca31c474095e4edc465f8e7f5ffecdf03d3c73c4e1e9dddeae748e8624b19a04
Message ID: <930527213642.3e2f@APSICC.APS.EDU>
Raw Date: Thu, 27 May 93 20:38:36 PDT

Raw message

From: TO1SITTLER@APSICC.APS.EDU (Kragen Sittler)
Date: Thu, 27 May 93 20:38:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks-real@toad.com
Subject: Steganography

I headed to the library to check out what they had, crypto-wise.  I found one
book copyright 1939, which had a chapter on methods of steganography.

Some of the suggestions I got from it:
	-Use every third letter of each word.
	-Use every nth letter of each word, where n varies depending on a key.
(e.g., 2-4-1-5-5-3)
	-use every nth word of a sentence.
	-encode in base-3 before steganizing.
	-use the number of syllables in a word.
	-use the number of words in a sentence.
Irrelevant suggestions:
	-use different fonts.
(within the same word.)
	-use broken and whole pickets in a fence.
	-use empty and full positions in a cartridge-belt, as in machine gun.
	-use invisible ink instead, it's easier. :-)

	Maybe these will help those more able to program than myself.

Kragen.

Thread