1993-05-21 - Re: Crypto constitution

Header Data

From: poier@sfu.ca (Skye Merlin Poier)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d2b68d04f7e1137544b6ae0f8a126179d608d2e629d87370f62422f499a9fb3e
Message ID: <9305210620.AA22924@malibu.sfu.ca>
Reply To: <9305210517.AA08527@triton.unm.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-21 06:20:59 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 20 May 93 23:20:59 PDT

Raw message

From: poier@sfu.ca (Skye Merlin Poier)
Date: Thu, 20 May 93 23:20:59 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Crypto constitution

[reality check on]

> :Satire Mode Off.
> :Reality Mode On.
>
>> If this is going to be a constitution for the new age, lets have the wording
>> reflect the ideals we hold.
>
>I've always thought that fighting over this kind of trivia was kinda childish.
> It used to be that when someone said, "...and one giant step for mankind...,"
> that we understood this to include EVERYBODY!  Lets pick our fights better
> than this, shall we?

Excuse me, but it seems that you are being very defensive. I was not picking
a fight. It is evident that you cling to "It used to be that" ideals. Just
because something "used to be" is not justification for its perpetuation. Is
it such a drastic step to replace a couple words that you feel necessary to
ridicule something that I consider important? As far as I am concerned, Mr.Diehl
it is YOU who are being childish. Wake up, will you? And please refrain from
using the word "we". I do not enjoy being patronized.

> Sorry, just couldn't resist..... ;^)

Obviously. You are indeed a man of tremendous wit and satire.

> +------"I'm just looking for the opportunity to be -------------+
> |            Politically Incorrect!"   <Me>                     |

Also plainly obvious.

Skye Poier
--
-----====> Skye Merlin Poier <====-----
Undergrad in CMPT/MATH (Virtual Reality)       ||||      ||||

Thread