1993-05-26 - Digital cash issuess…

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: da3751d52cf070a77229888b182b47062abe24bedfbaabb29e8ef7cfaf912fe0
Message ID: <9305262325.AA05097@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9305262158.AA28845@muskwa.ucs.ualberta.ca>
UTC Datetime: 1993-05-26 23:29:12 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 26 May 93 16:29:12 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Wed, 26 May 93 16:29:12 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Digital cash issuess...

>As a consequence, our
>cash system is much more efficient in both computation and
>communication complexity than previously proposed systems."

I take this with a grain of salt; see below.

>In our opinion, the most interesting of
>these is that the entire cash system (including all the extensions)
>can be incorporated straightforwardly in a setting based on wallets
>with observers,

I am not surprised that they find this interesting; David Chaum has
patented all the observer protocols.

Having read these protocols in the original, I can say this is not
much of an advantage.  The observer protocols are tremendously
expensive computationally.  Anything you build on top of it won't be
any faster.

Eric

Thread