1993-06-02 - re: CryptoStacker

Header Data

From: eichin@cygnus.com (Mark Eichin)
To: ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us
Message Hash: 02851f9461509137b9871988e318d52d9ef2d5f52a614452b1fc0336fc28c837
Message ID: <9306021616.AA26896@cygnus.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.03.9306020004.A6908-c100000@rtfm>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-02 15:39:22 UTC
Raw Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 08:39:22 PDT

Raw message

From: eichin@cygnus.com (Mark Eichin)
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 93 08:39:22 PDT
To: ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us
Subject: re: CryptoStacker

>> Thanks for all of the responses on my questions concerning the CryptoStacker
	On a related note, the current maintainer of the loop file
system patches for Linux has released the latest version, which
includes DES encryption support (as I understand it, the code lets you
mount a file as a file system, and just happens to have support for
applying a function to the file... and the patches as released support
specifying a DES key at mount time.) It's a start. Patches are on
tsx-11.mit.edu and nic.funet.fi (ie. outside the US -- the maintainer
lives in Switzerland :-)

				_Mark_ <eichin@athena.mit.edu>
				MIT Student Information Processing Board
				Cygnus Support <eichin@cygnus.com>

Thread