1993-06-28 - REMAIL: problems

Header Data

From: Karl Barrus <elee9sf@Menudo.UH.EDU>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 1f228a6f61e4310a901cbf31717b2658043fb0629fbcb0d76f03f455a345a805
Message ID: <199306281508.AA26337@Menudo.UH.EDU>
Raw Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 08:08:24 PDT

Raw message

From: Karl Barrus <elee9sf@Menudo.UH.EDU>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 93 08:08:24 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: REMAIL: problems

There must be some correlation between my weekend trips and other
events.  Last time I went out of town was "Cliper weekend" :-)

I've tested the remailers with unencrypted requests, and have received
these replies (within seconds, I might add):

soda.berkeley.edu
cicada.berkeley.edu
pmantis.berkeley.edu
bsu-cs.bsu.edu
alumni.caltech.edu
rosebud.ee.uh.edu
mead.u.washington.edu
shell.portal.com
tamsun.tamu.edu
tamaix.tamu.edu       <-- note, 'Return-Path: remail@tamaix.tamu.edu'
                                'From: remail@tamsun.tamu.edu'
                          just in case you see the from line and think tamaix
                          isn't working

So I'll wait for the others (rebma, extropia, utter, uclink, jarthur)
and then try them all with encrypted requests.

A while ago I had a script test all the remailers once a week - I
wasn't able to have a cron entry, but I used the 'at' command to
schedule the mailing of prepared messages and itself every week.
Maybe I'll start that up again since it would help isolate problems if
a remailer doesn't respond, especially if twice in a row.

| Karl L. Barrus                    |
| elee9sf@menudo.uh.edu             | <- preferred address
| barrus@tree.egr.uh.edu (NeXTMail) |

Thread