1993-06-01 - Re: Verifying Privacy as an Upload/AI?

Header Data

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@GZA.COM>
To: peb@PROCASE.COM
Message Hash: 28a10857540a03f626dba9a52065187c8b6e839b54bac100b0d9e5db3b5b9ec2
Message ID: <9306012243.AA11249@dun-dun-noodles.aktis.com>
Reply To: <9306012209.AA17679@banff.procase.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-01 22:06:14 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 15:06:14 PDT

Raw message

From: Marc Horowitz <marc@GZA.COM>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 15:06:14 PDT
To: peb@PROCASE.COM
Subject: Re: Verifying Privacy as an Upload/AI?

>> Since you stipulate human being copying and torturing (sounds like
>> tampering to me), I think this is not ultimate privacy.

>> When you call them, they can quiz you on your mental and physical health
>> to determine whether they should give you the keys...thus limiting the
>> ability of a torturer.

Oh, sure.

"Hi, Paul?  This is Marc.  I need your piece of my private key.  How
am I?  Just fine.  But if you don't give me the password, the guy
holding the phone has some very unpleasant looking surgical equipment
and there isn't an anaesthesiologist in sight, so I won't be fine for
long.  Just read it out loud, someone will key it in."

Need I say more?

		Marc

Thread