1993-06-10 - crypto print drivers for email

Header Data

From: Jeff Ubois <cir@access.digex.net>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 290bfde3070751da5fa0bb150da868c4f211b5d1be5cac2cab73272994e1a65f
Message ID: <199306101713.AA00144@access.digex.net>
Raw Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 10:13:30 PDT

Raw message

From: Jeff Ubois <cir@access.digex.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 93 10:13:30 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: crypto print drivers for email

Forgive me if I've missed it on alt.security.pgp, but what would people
think of implementing PGP or other crypto schemes using a print driver ?

A model could be some of the fax software that lets you fax directly from
other applications by issuing a print command.  These packages have print
drivers that let you enter the name and phone number of the person you are
faxing, or select a name from an address book after you give the print
command.  You can also select high or low resolution, what kinds of headers
you want added to the message, and make file attachments.

This is a very easy way to send faxes, and seems like it would be an easy
way to create and send encrypted messages too.  For persons who aren't
technically adept, this would be a lot simpler than say

 pem -e -r recipient@bighost.edu -p bigpubkeyfile -s mysecret

or even PGP equivalents.

--Jeff

Thread