1993-06-03 - Re: Clipper on CNN HN

Header Data

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
To: ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us (RYAN Alan Porter)
Message Hash: 3dbb02de284dfe40f605ff062b19c50bbe3c0a55af17aaf3c573b864ef1db707
Message ID: <9306032258.AA19159@vail.tivoli.com>
Reply To: <Pine.3.03.9306031754.A27276-c100000@rtfm>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-03 22:59:13 UTC
Raw Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 15:59:13 PDT

Raw message

From: m5@vail.tivoli.com (Mike McNally)
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 93 15:59:13 PDT
To: ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us (RYAN Alan Porter)
Subject: Re: Clipper on CNN HN

> The current CNN Headline News has a spot on the Clipper ...
>
> I think that the spot was definitely leaning toward exposing the
> objections ...

I hope they've got a new clip.  The one I saw about 2 weeks ago
was lead into with the statement that "some fear the new scheme
might compromise the privacy rights of criminals."  Duhhh.   The
first sound bite was an FBI dude saying that he didn't think that
"child molesters, drug lords, bombers, snipers, terrorists, and
kidnappers" have any right to privacy.

It went downhill from there, ending with a weak 5 second statement
from somebody at CPSR (weak, no doubt, because of editing, not
lack of CPSR concern).

Mike McNally

Thread