1993-06-02 - Re: WH email petition.

Header Data

From: RYAN Alan Porter <ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us>
To: “J. Michael Diehl” <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Message Hash: 416d2fae39486c1657bb3a0de4b4e7fad01dcc5bb30ca25e547a6cd24b7f1f9b
Message ID: <Pine.3.03.9306020211.F8280-b100000@rtfm>
Reply To: <9306020313.AA20120@triton.unm.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-02 06:16:39 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 23:16:39 PDT

Raw message

From: RYAN Alan Porter <ryan@rtfm.mlb.fl.us>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 23:16:39 PDT
To: "J. Michael Diehl" <mdiehl@triton.unm.edu>
Subject: Re: WH email petition.

On Tue, 1 Jun 1993, J. Michael Diehl wrote:

> In light of the White House getting on the net, how effective do you all think
> an electronic petition, about the BigBrotherChip, would be?  Do you think that
> they would listen?  Do you think that, perhapse, we would simply be put on a
> list of "trouble makers?"  I was thinking of writting a petition and
> distributing it in every way I can think of, and encouraging people to send it
> to the White House.  Any comments?

A good idea, but it appears from the announcement that they are just going
to create a database of return addresses and subject lines and sit around
and read that instead of reading the actual messages.

In that case I would suggest a well written form letter that we could
encourage people to forward to the address with their names on it.  That
way after they see the same subject line 12,000 times they might get the
slight urge to read the message going along with it.  That would be kind
of equivalent to a petition.

Somebody good at slicking politicos like to draft a nice letter?

-Ryan
the Bit Wallah

Thread