1993-06-08 - CERT: the letter from CERT to berkeley.edu admin

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 51e2c94cd9d8b99bc189616d75f8e2b4daa3dbd942d44b9d772cc45abb3333f4
Message ID: <9306081704.AA09252@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9306081650.AA08632@soda.berkeley.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-08 17:09:17 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 10:09:17 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 93 10:09:17 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: CERT: the letter from CERT to berkeley.edu admin

>Any public spooling directory is fair game for their antics. [...]
>My guess is that your CERT problems have NOTHING to do with
>PGP distribution.

There is only one directory on the cypherpunks site that is writable,
and that is the incoming directory and it's not readable.

I still don't know what the real accusation is.  CERT is straight out
of a Kafka novel in this regard.  Maybe it's PGP, maybe it isn't, but
they don't seem to be offering that information.

Eric

Thread