1993-06-15 - Re: 2600 testimony to Markey’s subcommittee

Header Data

From: Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.net>
To: gnu@toad.com
Message Hash: 6e75cff2a9836dd94f100981f8db43e0c60c1cbc9b84f44563461e82637ec861
Message ID: <199306151236.AA29913@access.digex.net>
Raw Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 05:36:39 PDT

Raw message

From: Peter Wayner <pcw@access.digex.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 93 05:36:39 PDT
To: gnu@toad.com
Subject: Re: 2600 testimony to Markey's subcommittee

Of course, it seems perfectly obvious to Markey that 2600
is a "handbook on crime", but EG should have turned around
and pointed out that he's just transmitting information on
the world and there is nothing wrong with that. Gosh, if
there was then Congressional Hearings and C-Span should
be rated R to prevent the little whippersnappers from seeing
and hearing demonstrations like the one that John Gage gave
the committee several weeks ago.

One person commented that Time magazine's latest article on
Crack was practically a "How-To" guide. It satisfied the
"Enquiring Minds" that wanted to know just what those people
did with the magic crystals.

Another friend informs me that Pornography is often transmitted
with the label "For Scientific Research purposes only." Apparently,
the law contains some exception for Doctors and Biologists. Hmmm.
I wonder where Masters and Johnson fit in here.

-Peter Wayner

Thread