1993-06-13 - Mail logging

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a5a041d149b9bf8b4683dd73b0f6a80ab3fcdd5f783ba92508a8f9748b9827e9
Message ID: <9306131511.AA22941@soda.berkeley.edu>
Reply To: <9306120356.AA11546@toad.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-13 15:14:53 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 13 Jun 93 08:14:53 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 93 08:14:53 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mail logging

>>The single most basic problem with mail development that we have is
>>that we don't have enough mail volume through the remailers we have

>Well, I hate to point out the obvious but can we organise with the
>list maintainer to have our mail routed through random machines until
>it gets to us?

No.  toad.com is overloaded as it is.  It's slow as molasses already,
and adding any encryption at all to cypherpunks would make it even
worse.  Even forking a process per user would be way to much.

As I said before, any experimentation that people want to do with list
distribution can be done by hacking the current remailer code.  You
don't have to have any sysadmin privileges to do this.  You don't even
have to have my permission to do this.

Eric

Thread