1993-06-27 - Re: remailer origin lines

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.RBBS-NET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: a70dd5a01c3cc9f28c3457ce0aa6d908f3de22497acf72e116a1b161709832df
Message ID: <70.2C2D7E4E@wyrm.rbbs-net.ORG>
Raw Date: Sun, 27 Jun 93 11:33:58 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.RBBS-NET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 93 11:33:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: remailer origin lines

 * Reply to msg originally in CYPHERPUNKS
 Uu> How about a header line such as:

 Uu> Which would instruct the remailer to cut the last six lines
 Uu> off the mail message as it receives it. Thus a user could figure out
 Uu> how many lines at the end of his message is added on without his
 Uu> control and instruct the remailer to cut out that amount of lines.

The number of lines added seems to vary with the gating.  I'm sort of
leaning toward a

........8<....(cut here).....8<.......

kind of solution; I mean, I know for a fact where I stopped, so anything
beyond that ought to be eaten by the remailers, IMHO.  There is probably
a good argument against that solution, but I can't think of it offhand.

* <m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via RBBS-NET node 8:914/201
INTERNET: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.RBBS-NET.ORG

Thread