1993-06-26 - Re: Remailer origin lines

Header Data

From: zane@genesis.mcs.com (Sameer)
To: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.RBBS-NET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Message Hash: d846ed67176f4898566642eccf2365757e7da85a51092c078e3c069dedc7a96b
Message ID: <m0o9f1i-000MSTC@genesis.mcs.com>
Reply To: <47.2C2951B0@wyrm.rbbs-net.ORG>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-26 18:41:43 UTC
Raw Date: Sat, 26 Jun 93 11:41:43 PDT

Raw message

From: zane@genesis.mcs.com (Sameer)
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 93 11:41:43 PDT
To: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.RBBS-NET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Subject: Re: Remailer origin lines

In message <47.2C2951B0@wyrm.rbbs-net.ORG>, M. Stirner writes:

>  Uu> A "Dont-Mess-With-Trailers:" header line would help a bit.
>
> The BlueWave blurb was added by the program & can be stripped by
> re-editing the message before upload.  Everything else is out of my
> control completely & added automagically by the host or the UUCP
> gateway.  The sucker stays, no matter what I do.  Some anonymity!

	How about a header line such as:

	Which would instruct the remailer to cut the last six lines off the
mail message as it receives it. Thus a user could figure out how many
lines at the end of his message is added on without his control and
instruct the remailer to cut out that amount of lines.

--
| Sameer Parekh-zane@genesis.MCS.COM-PFA related mail to pfa@genesis.MCS.COM |
| Apprentice Philosopher, Writer, Physicist, Healer, Programmer, Lover, more |
| "Symbiosis is Good" - Me_"Specialization is for Insects" - R. A. Heinlein_/

Thread