1993-06-01 - Re: Software infrastructure

Header Data

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
To: jthomas@kolanut.mitre.org (Joe Thomas)
Message Hash: efe3e0ba411d9f67b93f25deb6ef21a14543b299ca99d15620714318252781f9
Message ID: <9306012132.AA11983@toad.com>
Reply To: <9306011816.AA10998@kolanut>
UTC Datetime: 1993-06-01 21:32:10 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 14:32:10 PDT

Raw message

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 93 14:32:10 PDT
To: jthomas@kolanut.mitre.org (Joe Thomas)
Subject: Re: Software infrastructure

> I may be able to help out in a DOS project (though I seem to be migrating
> quickly to Linux as it stabilizes...)  Perhaps the GPL'ed program term
> would be useful in serial multiplexing applications.  It's quite nice for
> Unix boxes, letting all kinds of streams coexist (even redirecting TCP/IP
> ports over serial without the overhead of SLIP/PPP).  I believe I've

on a similar note the DNET protocol for amiga is quite nice.  It comes
with a nice socket like library.  Works quite efficiently but contains
no information about addressing (it is strictly point to point so
it doesnt use any addressing).

Thread