1993-07-23 - Re: INTERNATIONAL ENCRYPTION

Header Data

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 4f4da6c41184b42d27bdad38da865d824dd2e94f3df22c6e9fa9f8864263b434
Message ID: <9307231753.AA12197@internal.apple.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 12:16:58 PDT

Raw message

From: lefty@apple.com (Lefty)
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 12:16:58 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: INTERNATIONAL ENCRYPTION

Sandy Sandfort writes:
>Geoff Dale asks about statutes prohibiting the transmission of
>encrypted data across international boundaries.  To the best of
>my knowledge, there's no such animal.  If such exists, it is
>widely violated, with impunity, by me and folks I know, on a
>regular basis.

Au contraire, I am certain that France has restrictions on the transmission
of encrypted data within its borders.  I believe Brazil does as well.

>Where do these urban legends come from?

Umm, many of them are based on fact?

--
Lefty (lefty@apple.com)