1993-07-14 - Remailer comments

Header Data

From: wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org (Bill O’Hanlon)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 58c8e7a238e56f6df096b74842936072a25be41deff09e9591778cfad4e1c3dd
Message ID: <m0oG0Pz-0002CnC@rebma.rebma.mn.org>
Raw Date: Tue, 13 Jul 93 23:43:00 PDT

Raw message

From: wmo@rebma.rebma.mn.org (Bill O'Hanlon)
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 93 23:43:00 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Remailer comments

While checking for problems in the rebma remailer's logs, I noticed the
following:

Some folks have sent PGP encrypted test messages without including the
::
Encrypted: PGP
text, or the Encrypted: header.

Also, some folks have tried some variations on the
::
Request-Remailing-To:
line, such as just To:, putting the :: and the Request- line together, etc.

Those things won't work, and you'll get nothing back.  Anyone who has tried
to use the remailer here and has failed, send me a note and I'll send
you the instructions.  Or, I think Karl (Karl Barrus <elee9sf@Menudo.UH.EDU>)
has a complete set of information and scripts to help out.

Karl, you might consider including a terse list of instructions with your
regular remailer mailing.

(Oh, to avoid starting the remailer-operator-responsibilities-discussion,
I'll state my policy on logs on this machine.  I glance at 'em to make
sure that there aren't any errors in the scripts, and then I remove 'em.
If you're going to be an asshole via my remailer, I'd appreciate it if
you used PGP so that there's no clear text here, so that I don't have to
ever revise this simple policy.)

-Bill

Thread