1993-07-12 - Mailer tests

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: cc82326aa31451d6acb4b8c4896b1b149926ed81980a3c7f6602dad647c58251
Message ID: <1040.2C41D6C6@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 14:28:50 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 14:28:50 PDT
To: Cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Mailer tests

Just a quick note to say that I sent out a packet of tests for the remailers via the RBBSnet UUCP gate following the standard Cypherpunks form:

To: remailer@some.place.edu

::
Request-Remailing-To: me@my.address.com

This is a test of the ... remailer...

I sent this message to each of the following:

hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu
hh@cicada.berkeley.edu
hh@soda.berkeley.edu
phantom@mead.u.washington.edu
00x@uclink.berkeley.edu
remailer@utter.dis.org

I received the test message via the remailer@utter.dis.org quickly & without problems.  I have yet to get the other messages, nearly a week later.  With the exception of remailer@utter.dis.org, all of these have been habitually unresponsive to regular tests.  I have been able to get the soda remaier to work once, & with the efforts of the remailer operator, was able to get the phantom remailer to work once.

I have been unable to get the anonymus+info@charcoal.com remailer to accept mail after some six attempts.  The Charcoal daemon bounces back the messages as coming to an unknown addressee.

The Extropia PGPed remailer seems to work well, as does the hal@alumni.caltech.edu remailer.  Nearly everything else seems very iffy.

Which remailers claim to be able to mail directly to newsgroups?

********************************************************************* * <m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <* ********************************************************************* ___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner

Thread