1993-07-06 - Re: (fwd) GIFs–Now it can be told

Header Data

From: ““L. Detweiler”” <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Message Hash: e4730e6b47cce181e5ac94590a7366416f825dcdd40a42fd9f0e4361f6dfe114
Message ID: <9307060447.AA08750@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Reply To: <9307030942.AA03729@netcom3.netcom.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-07-06 04:47:13 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 5 Jul 93 21:47:13 PDT

Raw message

From: ""L. Detweiler"" <ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
Date: Mon, 5 Jul 93 21:47:13 PDT
To: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Subject: Re: (fwd) GIFs--Now it can be told

>Their battle cry is "Eeek! If
>we don't nip this in the bud, _right now_, think of what might
>happen!

or `if we don't police ourselves, then somebody else will do it for us,
and we don't want that'.

>The mutant condors that one reader (who claimed to be a Pope in the
>Church of the Subgenius, but who humorlessly missed the joke--but I
>forgive him, for he knew not what he saw) wanted to feed me to, can
>now stop circling my house.

boy, all I can say is that you sure have a lot of chutzpah doing
something like this, but it does definitely make a fascinating
Gedanken. I especially appreciate your cogent description & analysis of
the grey areas without which the whole thing would have been pointless,
but with it make superb social commentary.

ltr.

Thread