1993-07-12 - Remailer test

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: e54664bbebfee8f7945dc799d6f3d5fc3e8dd605202fdaee2b342de61ea1c954
Message ID: <1032.2C414356@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 04:06:19 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 93 04:06:19 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Remailer test

Just a quick note to say that I sent out a packet of tests for the
remailers via the RBBSnet UUCP gate following the standard Cypherpunks
form:

To: remailer@some.place.edu

::
Request-Remailing-To: me@my.address.com

This is a test of the ... remailer...

I sent this message to each of the following:

hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu
hh@cicada.berkeley.edu
hh@soda.berkeley.edu
phantom@mead.u.washington.edu
00x@uclink.berkeley.edu
remailer@utter.dis.org

I received the test message via the remailer@utter.dis.org quickly &
without problems.  I have yet to get the other messages, nearly a week
later.  With the exception of remailer@utter.dis.org, all of these have
been habitually unresponsive to regular tests.  I have been able to get
the soda remaier to work once, & with the efforts of the remailer
operator, was able to get the phantom remailer to work once.

I have been unable to get the anonymus+info@charcoal.com remailer to
accept mail after some six attempts.  The Charcoal daemon bounces back
the messages as coming to an unknown addressee.

The Extropia PGPed remailer seems to work well, as does the
hal@alumni.caltech.edu remailer.  Nearly everything else seems very
iffy.

Which remailers claim to be able to mail directly to newsgroups?

* <m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

... Starve a feeding bureaucrat, vote Libertarian.
___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner

Thread