1993-07-23 - local network only?

Header Data

From: any@uu4.psi.com, old@uu4.psi.com, name@uu4.psi.com, I@uu4.psi.com, like@atmel.com
To: N/A
Message Hash: f9954e3ec31fd90a514860cdac706150f0c6e80c9e432099c770e7325dc4d0b0
Message ID: <9307231724.AA00600@hood.sjo.atmel.com>
Raw Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 11:06:58 PDT

Raw message

From: any@uu4.psi.com, old@uu4.psi.com, name@uu4.psi.com, I@uu4.psi.com,       like@atmel.com
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 93 11:06:58 PDT
Subject: local network only?

Derek,

>mail to me, most likely I can track you down to at LEAST the machine
>you forged it from!

I don't have an account on this machine.  The machine doesn't seem to care.
Does the machine keep a record of this letter, I don't know?

I'm using the command mconnect on a sun system.  It asks me who I am,
and then trusts me when I tell it!  I have even told it I was ROOT, and
it filled in "Operator" from the local passwd file!  Is this security
so lax because I am on a local area network unconnected to the Internet?
Does anyone know?

mconnect even gives me help if I ask it!

I didn't mail this,
                    not me

Thread