1993-08-31 - REMAIL: Attacks on remailers

Header Data

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 01d6d5f82705881d3a447c2e66fa0713e99cf0f4c088cf9a998494bd6363a7ac
Message ID: <9308311745.AA17964@ah.com>
Reply To: <9308301420.AA03878@elf.owlnet.rice.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-31 17:54:04 UTC
Raw Date: Tue, 31 Aug 93 10:54:04 PDT

Raw message

From: hughes@ah.com (Eric Hughes)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 93 10:54:04 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: REMAIL: Attacks on remailers

>With no root privs on the machine, I tried using the at command to
>perform the above function and then reschedule itself for tomorrow.
>Problem: if the machine reboots then the mailing out portion is killed.

A user's crontab is not deleted at reboot, to my knowledge.  You could
simply run a cron job to schedule mail delivery.  (If you deliver on
cron, you don't get an even distribution of delivery times, unless you
use a much more frequent cron.)

Eric

Thread