1993-08-29 - Talked to Phil Zimmermann….

Header Data

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 177d50e0a13d746c7fe18fb6a6b014143860f0d72331900453207f65f60fc9f9
Message ID: <9308292008.AA01693@netcom5.netcom.com>
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 13:13:31 PDT

Raw message

From: tcmay@netcom.com (Timothy C. May)
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 13:13:31 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Talked to Phil Zimmermann....

I rarely waste your time with minor spelling or grammar corrections,
or even missing words, but this omission needs a correction:

> 2. Phil will carefully inspect the code, including the RSA part, and
> is confident no funny business is planned by ViaCrypt or anyone else.
>
> (I have to trust Phil on this matter more than any "panel" or the
> like....after all, he wanted to put trapdoors in, he could in the
> existing PGP--though of course this is highly unlikely to have been
> put in in the first place and to have remained undiscovered all this
> time.)

"...after all, if he wanted to put trapdoors in...."

The "if" is the all-important subjunctive qualifier.

-Tim

Thread