1993-08-23 - Re: “Secure Voice”

Header Data

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
To: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Message Hash: 2fcf30aa501df9d8cf0cf17cb51bc3c78752753c626cad25456819a0df3c1dc0
Message ID: <9308231957.AA02205@toad.com>
Reply To: <9308231713.AA01938@anchor.ho.att.com>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-23 20:01:36 UTC
Raw Date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 13:01:36 PDT

Raw message

From: Timothy Newsham <newsham@wiliki.eng.hawaii.edu>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 93 13:01:36 PDT
To: wcs@anchor.ho.att.com
Subject: Re: "Secure Voice"

> What I'd like to see is a SoundBlaster followon with a DSP chip.
> It IS possible to get DSP boards for PCs and I think for Macs,
> so you could build a system easily enough with a DSP board and a SoundBlaster,
> but the last time I checked, the DSP boards tended to be expensive
> and packaged with lots of fancy waveform analysis tools.
>
> 		Bill Stewart

the soundblaster board already has a dsp on board.  It is supposed
to be programmable, but most books dont mention anything about
how to do this.

Thread