1993-08-02 - No Subject

Header Data

From: nobody@mead.u.washington.edu
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7ac640c1697771b0a706085bf6d5a1ba056914f16acd8e4adfe9af03b7d5a10f
Message ID: <9308021454.AA04893@mead.u.washington.edu>
Raw Date: Mon, 2 Aug 93 07:57:34 PDT

Raw message

From: nobody@mead.u.washington.edu
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 93 07:57:34 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: No Subject

> Duncan Frissell <frissell@panix.com> sez:

> I didn't like being called a neo-luddite, however.  I don't see many
> paralells between extropianism and cypherpunks and Ned Lud.
>
> Duncan Frissell

This is the cypherpunks list, not the extropians list. The article was about cypherpunks, not extropians, so it's irrelevent whether the extrops are luddites.

As for the c-punks, there's nothing inherently non-luddite about us. Not all of us accept all uses of computers and technology without question. There are certain machines that need to be trashed. I
liked the reference in the article. I don't think it was 100% accurate, but you should be aware that there ARE cypherpunks Luddites lurking out here...

 .snail

Thread