1993-08-27 - Re: Further PGP Security Doubts

Header Data

From: an31185@anon.penet.fi (Anon of Ibid)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 7e9a04fdc6d3433e019df6c31caa0ad95a3ff07a6bbff268533b16008f37b57b
Message ID: <9308270006.AA11920@anon.penet.fi>
Raw Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 17:12:36 PDT

Raw message

From: an31185@anon.penet.fi (Anon of Ibid)
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 93 17:12:36 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Further PGP Security Doubts

an31144@anon.penet.fi writes:

["Raymond Paquin"]
>.. claims that PGP is fatally flawed, though the flaw is in niether
>RSA or IDEA, but rather somewhere within the PGP part of the program.
>
>Copping the "I can say no more!  I have said too much already!"
>melodrama, no more detailed information is forthcoming.

Yes, this seems to be a persistent rumour, though I've no idea how true
it might be. I uploaded PGP to a bulletin board a few months back and
received a message from another user claiming the same thing. (And taking
the same copout...)

I've been meaning to take a good look at the source for a while, I think
it's about time to investigate the key generation code.....

To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help@anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin@anon.penet.fi.

Thread