1993-08-17 - Re: Tax Evasion and SASE.

Header Data

From: pat@tstc.edu (Patrick E. Hykkonen)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: 8d6f0da74eec59f6590d2500d792679d488578c863fbd64c76b27ac624ab8b70
Message ID: <9308171425.AA05425@tstc.edu>
Raw Date: Tue, 17 Aug 93 07:30:18 PDT

Raw message

From: pat@tstc.edu (Patrick E. Hykkonen)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 93 07:30:18 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Re: Tax Evasion and SASE.

> The example given (someone soliciting an act of questionable legality)
> is a perfect application for the SASE remailer that I've been
> developing.  I presented it at a phys-meeting a few months back, and
> have been working on coding it sporadically since then.

I was thinking about this just yesterday...

> The idea is that you have an address block that encodes the
> information on how to get a message to you.  This is like a self
> addressed envelope.  The envelope can specify multiple hops through
> remailers, but is encrypted in layers so only the next hop is revealed
> at each remailer.

However, rather than rewrite an entire mailer system from scratch, might
I propose that we ad an extra command to the cypherpunks remailers that
would allow a person to tell the remailer NOT to throw away the the
header information.

This would allow a person to create an encrypted block to put at
the top of their message telling the remailer to pass all header
information through to the recipient.

Example:

::
Remailer-Command: Header-Intact

::
Request-Remailing-To: pat@tstc.edu

The user encrypts this whole block and tells the remote user to put this
at the header of thier reply message.

Example:

== place at the top of your message text and remove this line ==

::
Encrypted: PGP

-----BEGIN PGP MESSAGE-----
Version: 2.2

hEwCKlkQ745WINUBAf0f5D1bOXX333w08UAU5jVP5WeDblGnlD7Cwx9Q0fxwZcG6
sm+8f1S4zU8AIn0j6Dfmt8i7+BOcdFfjXmscU+oXpgAAAFse+dms+6BMBntqJh56
q4DBpHq6aMTJH1AT0nolOOnAOTxtPmSpolkKFYyXVbwKk0W8q9PpmX0PDBeodoGY
hi2BtkXRMTW9bzbzRLE6Q0YoOsWVOxLKx8FM2M/T
=ciKz
-----END PGP MESSAGE-----

== place message text below this line and remove this line ==

In effect, a self-addressed envelope.  Half of the functionality
is available in the remailers currently.

--
"I'm not being irrational, I just know to much."  - Tim Allen
--

Thread