1993-08-20 - ADMIN: Blacknet mailings on the cypherpunks list

Header Data

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: b59314e11f9670fa5782b3d2ed8bf0a991b092daa6d06699d4bd888c102d8565
Message ID: <9308201901.AA09451@soda.berkeley.edu>
Raw Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 12:01:56 PDT

Raw message

From: Eric Hughes <hughes@soda.berkeley.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 93 12:01:56 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: ADMIN: Blacknet mailings on the cypherpunks list

There was a recent PGP message encrypted for Blacknet that sailed by
on the list.  This message did not discuss any topic relevant to
cypherpunks from what I could read, since, _a fortiori_ it didn't say
anything I could read.

Encrypted traffic such as this is inappropriate for this list.  Take
it elsewhere.

Tim and I have already invented the proper forum for this.  It's a
usenet newgroup called

	alt.w.a.s.t.e

(Read Pynchon to get the joke) The charter for this group is that it
takes only encrypted messages.  No plaintext allowed.  Discussions
about alt.w.a.s.t.e must therefore occur in a separate discussion
group, named according to Usenet convention

	alt.w.a.s.t.e.d

If someone would kindly create these two groups, the BlackNet folks
can revise their announcement appropriately.

I was waiting for some reason to create the newsgroup, because I
didn't know what traffic would go across it.  Now there is some, and
it deserves its own home.

Eric

Thread