1993-08-19 - Anon: remailer list

Header Data

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: be9b2af41a8e64ba06afc28f177133e7104b9a33afe3887a2602fccecc623343
Message ID: <1930.2C718751@shelter.FIDONET.ORG>
Raw Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 20:20:44 PDT

Raw message

From: M..Stirner@f28.n125.z1.FIDONET.ORG (M. Stirner)
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 93 20:20:44 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: Anon: remailer list

 * Reply to msg originally in CYPHERPUNKS

 Uu> Q1: What cypherpunk remailers exist?

 Uu> 1: nowhere@bsu-cs.bsu.edu
 Uu> 2: hh@cicada.berkeley.edu
 Uu> 3: hh@pmantis.berkeley.edu
 Uu> 4: hh@soda.berkeley.edu
 Uu> 5: 00x@uclink.berkeley.edu
 Uu> 6: hal@alumni.caltech.edu
 Uu> 7: ebrandt@jarthur.claremont.edu
 Uu> 8: remailer@rebma.mn.org
 Uu> 9: elee7h5@rosebud.ee.uh.edu
 Uu> 10: hfinney@shell.portal.com
 Uu> 11: remail@tamsun.tamu.edu
 Uu> 12: remail@tamaix.tamu.edu
 Uu> 13: remailer@utter.dis.org
 Uu> 14: remailer@entropy.linet.org
 Uu> 15: remail@extropia.wimsey.com

OK.  It seems that remail@extropia.wimsey.com (#15) is down.  This is a
shame, as it was the _only_ remailer that would function as an anonymous
remailer for me.  It worked beautifully while it was up.  Its apparent
demise has been reported by other users as well,
.   Several of the remailers listed (2,3,4,5) have _never_ worked using
standard cypherpunks syntax:

::
Request-Remailing-To:

.   All other cypherpunks remailers, reliable or not, retain the footer
addresses automagically inserted by the host box here & are therefore
not in any way anonymous for my purposes.  There was a discussion of a
"cut line" syntax before I temporarily lost access to cypherpunks, but
as far as I know there was never any agreement or implementation (I
shall be pleased to be corrected if this is not the case).
.   Penet.fi will no longer work for me since the forced-password
implementation due to an apparent header conflict with the
.   Why am I depressed?
.   ~
.   M.

* <m..stirner@f28.n125.z1.fidonet.org> - PGP Key D30909 via servers *
* > What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not  <*
* > warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit <*
* > of resistance?  Let them take arms!" - Thomas Jefferson, 1787  <*

___ Blue Wave/QWK v2.12
--
M. Stirner - via FidoNet node 1:125/1
UUCP: ...!uunet!kumr!shelter!28!M..Stirner

Thread