1993-08-30 - RE: Apple planning to use Clipper chip?

Header Data

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Message Hash: d3712110b809e3fb34abcfed530cdd210f4902cd55342536cac7b13554437ac1
Message ID: <9308300346.AA04541@monet.VIS.ColoState.EDU>
Raw Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 20:49:08 PDT

Raw message

From: nate@VIS.ColoState.EDU
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 93 20:49:08 PDT
To: cypherpunks@toad.com
Subject: RE: Apple planning to use Clipper chip?

> The fact that Apple is reviewing the "key escrow" proposals probably
> implies other hardware makers are as well. This suggests a whole
> behind-the-scenes movement to get Clipper/Skipjack/Capstone key escrow
> chips designed into PCs, probably in the communications/modem/network
> subsections.

I think it signals a time to look into other platforms... The new
Silicon Graphics Indy looks quite good right about now.

Just imagine the stickers we could put on those babies!

"Big Brother built-in!"  "Big Brother Inside!" come to mind,
among others.

-nate

| Nate Sammons   email: nate@VIS.ColoState.Edu
|      Colorado State University Computer Visualization Laboratory
|      Finger nate@monet.VIS.ColoState.Edu for my PGP key
|      #include <std.disclaimer>
|                                    Always remember "Brazil"

Thread