1993-08-02 - Re: D. Bernstein’s Open Letter on NIST-PKP-DSA

Header Data

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp)
To: ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu (L. Detweiler)
Message Hash: f133e875a6c4c9c9ebdcc3785926069de3d8aea201d70f8b729f3b7b95136318
Message ID: <m0oMpcu-00023LC@khijol>
Reply To: <9308020215.AA25380@longs.lance.colostate.edu>
UTC Datetime: 1993-08-02 02:31:15 UTC
Raw Date: Sun, 1 Aug 93 19:31:15 PDT

Raw message

From: khijol!erc@apple.com (Ed Carp)
Date: Sun, 1 Aug 93 19:31:15 PDT
To: ld231782@longs.lance.colostate.edu (L. Detweiler)
Subject: Re: D. Bernstein's Open Letter on NIST-PKP-DSA

> [flaming over sci.crypt posts]
> >What was their rationale?  I'd rather see relevent postings reposted here-
> >damnit, I don't have *time* to read 280MB a week of news!  What's the person's
> >problem who flamed you?
>
> rationale was that most people on the list also read sci.crypt. And it
> is irritating for some to see the same message in multiple places, but
> personally I appreciate the redunancy.

I do, too!  I don't have time to read sci.crypt, which has upwards of 50
messages a day posted to it.  I'd much rather see relevent culls posted here.
Isn't that what this list is all about, getting information out to people
instead of censoring or controlling it?  I'd rather delete the ones I don't
wanna see, personally.  I think your flamer was way off base.
--
Ed Carp, N7EKG			erc@apple.com			510/659-9560

If you want magic, let go of your armor.  Magic is so much stronger than
steel!        -- Richard Bach, "The Bridge Across Forever"

Thread